Philanthropy (from the Greek word philos “friend” and anthropos “man”, “human being”) is the philosophy or a way of life that puts humanity at the forefront of priorities. Looking to improve human welfare.
Through compassion or sympathy (etymology: ” suffer with”, in Latin and in Greek), a philanthropist feels a connection between himself and men which makes it difficulty for him to see others suffering. It is this connection that pushes a philanthropist to help others.
McGill Real Estate gives very generously to a few causes, namely to the following ones recently:
- INCOGNITO MASKED BALL (Montreals Childrens Foundation )
- AILES DE L’ESPÉRANCE for the construction of schools in Peru
- MONTREAL CHILDRENS’ HOSPITAL
- SKI FOR THE CHILDRENS (Montreal Childrens Hospital)
- Sainte-Justine UHC Foundation
- UNICEF for the construction of drinkable water systems in third world countries
- MCGILL UNIVERSITY HEALTH CENTRE and the CEDARS CANCER INSTITUTE
- CHALLENGE PIERRE LAVOIE to promote physical activity, healthy eating and school persistence among young people.
- FONDATION ENTRAIDE BROSSARD
Do as we do, give generously!